Monday, January 30, 2006

Boqueron, PR
18.01.299N
67.10.621W


We searched out the internet cafe this morning. The crews from DocNoMore and MTNest joined us and we all hiked to where we thought we might be able to catch a bus to do some exploring. Unfortunately, after getting there, we learned that the buses only run every three to four hours at this end of the island. We did find a panaderia where we purchased the fresh bread I remember so well.

On our way back, we found a pizzeria where we ordered a couple of calzones. What? You've never heard of authentic Puerto Rican calzones? Well, these were good. Particularly when you haven't had one in a while. I tried making them on the boat but they turned out mostly bread. I'll continue to work on my cooking skills the further down island we go and the more expensive eating out becomes (the Luperon marina spoiled us with a special entre each day at happy hour.)

We finished the day playing Dominos with DocNoMore and MTNest. I really enjoyed that. I have either developed a compulsion to keep linear things lined up or its manifesting itself more aggressively now. Everyone had fun of me trying to keep the dominos straight on a boat. (I have a habit of arranging my french fries according to size too but don't tell anyone; its probably a symptom of some psychological malady.)

The wind is starting to calm down today and it supposed to do so again tomorrow. We plan on prestaging to Caba Rojo tomorrow afternoon and then on to Gilligan's Island on Wednesday.