Sunday, January 15, 2006

Luperon, DR
19.54.031N
70.56.897W


This morning started off rainy but ended up as another beautiful day in paradise, DR style. We joined Doc-No-More, MTNest and Moon Goddess at the fleamarket/barbeque, then returned to our boat for the remainder of the day. I had decided that we needed a different type of rain catchment system. The one I had originally sewn was an awning for the front of our boat that when dropped down would catch water in a drain that we could connect a water hose to. However, in using it, we discovered that it was too large when there was any wind involved. So, I made a simple square one, with the same drain system. It took me the better part of the day to put it together but I should have it finished by tomorrow. In the meantime, Dale started reading "Into Thin Air." Unfortunately, this makes for a very boring entry into the blog.