Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Tyrrel Bay, Carriacou
12.27.355N
61.29.317W


What should have been a quiet night ended up being anything but! The wind was blowing a hooley. I woke up Dale at one point to help me take down the front sunshade as part of it had come untied and another part was starting to tear at its seams and the whole thing was making a racket.

This morning when we got up, Dale stared at his weather report and proclaimed that it wasn’t supposed to be this windy. Guess its going to be one of those days.

We learned that we had free WiFi though the haul out facility, so Dale signed us in. Later when I tried to connect, we had to go through the same sign in procedures again because someone (who shall remain nameless) couldn’t spell, or type, or both.

The rest of the day I tried to upload photos to my blog posts. As you can see, I wasn’t successful.
Dale was stressed when the sat phone suddenly went dead. We had a spare battery which resuscitated its little heart but the old one was only 3 months old, what’s up?

Nicky was hosting dinner this evening, so I volunteered to bring dessert. I made a chocolate cheesecake with strawberry topping. After a couple of hours in the refrigerator and not setting up, I moved it to the freezer. When it was finally pulled out for dinner and it still hadn’t set up properly, we tasted it, decided that it was foul and threw it out. I didn’t know that powdered milk could go bad. I’m not having a very good day. I offered chocolate covered pecans as a substitute.

Nicky told me that Mike, the pirate, a slip mate from our home port had sent them pictures of his new boat and the commissioning party. We didn’t get any. Guess, we’ve been gone too long. Out of sight, out of mind.

Tomorrow Orpailleur is hauled first thing in the morning. My job is to take the dinghies over and catch lines when they pull into the slip. Hopefully, it will be a better day.

No comments: