Thursday, December 21, 2006

Roosevelt Roads
Puerto Rico
18.14.018N
65.37.582W


You know, my days have definitely developed into a pattern. I ride up to the bowling alley about 9 or 9:30 in the morning and stay there working on the computer until they close at 1:30pm after the lunch crowd has left or when they clean up and I finally take the hint about 2pm.

Today the base police had their Christmas party there and things were pretty loud. Dominos, pool balls and crashing bowling pins to the beat of Christmas music in Spanish (with a little salsa thrown in for good measure). It was a nice change and good to see people on the base again.
Then I pedal back to the boat and either read if its sunny or take a nap if its raining. It’s a tough life, I know.

Today Dale was taking his little yellow multimeter to various lengths of the copper strip we put down for the SSB radio. He wanted me to help him lift up the bed and check where we a laid it beneath it. He said that it was to make sure we had continuity the entire length and that it hadn’t broken anywhere. I don’t know. I think he’s making work for himself. Still, he keeps the boat in tip top condition, so if poking little prods along the copper strip helps, I’ll lend a hand.

No comments: