Monday, January 22, 2007

Roosevelt Roads
Puerto Rico
18.14.018N
65.37.582W


Today on my morning ride, I thought I’d start the search for our missing mail. We had asked for it to be sent to us back on the 12th of January and since last year when we were here it was mis-delivered, we thought that perhaps the same had occurred this year. I checked at the security office, the OIC’s office, and the supply office (they get most of the mail on base) but no luck. So I headed back to the boat, we rechecked with our mail forwarding service and learned that they used the US Postal service to mail it this time. Not a problem, the post office happens to be open on Monday afternoons here on base; I’ll just ride back down and check with them. Except that as of today no less, they weren’t open. The sign on the door indicated that they would be open tomorrow. Oh boy. I hope this doesn’t mean that we’ll be waiting week to week for mail now.

Later, I popped over to St. Christopher to check in with Jordan. I had volunteered to help her make canvas covers for her isinglass. Unfortunately, she didn’t have enough material to do what she wanted, so that project has been put off for a while.

In the meantime, Dale continues to clean and polish isinglass and I’ve started cleaning and polishing the stainless. Dale is reading Mark Twain and I’m into Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple series. I should probably start taking notes so that I can sleuth out our missing mail. So . . . Until tomorrow . . . I am observing.

No comments: